The following procedures explain how to remove data from a MySQL database using standard cPanel components.
How to Delete a Database using cPanel
The following explains how to remove a database completely using the MySQL Databases cPanel component:
- Login to your host’s cPanel interface (or equivalent)
- Click on the MySQL Databases icon.
- Scroll down to the Current Databases list.
- Find the database you wish to delete and click the Delete link in the corresponding row.
How to Remove all Database Tables using cPanel
The following explains how to retain a MySQL database while removing all tables using the phpMyAdmin cPanel component:
- Login to your host’s cPanel interface (or equivalent).
- Click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Find the database you wish to delete on the left side of the screen and click on it.
- Click on the Structure tab.
- Check the Check All checkbox beneath the table list.
- Click on the With Selected: dropdown and select Drop.
- <The page will be refreshed with a SQL statement>
- Click Yes