Duplicator Lite 1.3 Beta Now Available!
We are pleased to announce that Duplicator 1.3 Beta is now available...but we need your help. We'd like to see how Duplicator Lite runs in many different environments. Please let us know if you find any quirks with the plugin. This will greatly help with getting it out to the community quickly.
- More Reliable Package Engine. We're including a new package engine and format that supports sites up to 1 GB reliably. This addresses a large percentage of build problems. Go to Settings > Packages and set Archive Engine to "DupArchive".
- Existing Site Overwrite. No more having to create a database and user from scratch. You can still do that if you wish, but now you can overwrite your existing site as well. Simply do a quick install of WordPress using your host panel, drop the installer and archive in the same directory and install.
|Plugin: DupArchive Engine||This is the single largest feature going into 1.3. This new engine format enables the building of larger packages on budget hosts. The DupArchive engine can be turned on in Settings > Packages > Archive Engine.|
|Installer: Overwrite Mode (Step 1)||The option to place the installer and archive inside an existing WordPress site without having to empty the directory.|
|Installer: Permissions Options (Step 1)||Users now have the option to setup the file permissions and folder permissions they would like set at install time.|
|Installer: Shell Exe Option (Step 1)||The option to extract a .zip file using shell exec is now available.|
|Installer: Config Files (Step 1)||Users can prevent the .htaccess and web.config files from getting updated.|
|Installer: View/Procs Support (Step 2)||The option to support view and store procedure creation is now available.|
|Installer: Cleanup (Step 4)||A new option to remove the installer files when you login to the new sites admin pages.|
|General Improvements||Many other general fixes and improvements have been made to make this the best Duplicator yet.|
We Need Your Feedback!To get this product released we need your help, please follow these 3 simple steps:
- Initial release
- Improved the installer notices feedback
- Fixes for edge case replace list path params installer step 3
- Fix for openbase_dir on mysqldump
- Fix for input sanitize for installer
- Fix for database file size warning in installer-log.txt
- New password option for installer
- New update parsley lib to 2.3.5
- Installer: new option to test database connection from step 1
- Installer: Improved messages for database connection issues
- Installer: Improve step 4 file removal warnings