|About||General questions about the plugin|
|Sales||Licensing, purchases and pre-sales questions.|
|Functionality||Can the plugin do this or that.|
AboutWhat exactly is Duplicator?
Duplicator is a WordPress plugin that moves a site between hosts or domains - this includes all plugins, themes, custom content and even the WordPress core files so you get an exact copy of your site. The product also provides backup capability.
The process for moving a site is easy:
- Bundle up your site into an 'install package' (a .zip and a .php file)
- Copy the two files to a new server
- Point your browser to the .php file and follow the simple directions to install the site
With Duplicator Pro you can enhance your experience with a much more powerful tool-set. Checkout the full comparison page for more details.
The plugin will backup all of your selected files and database tables (that you don't filter/exclude). The Duplicator puts all your selected WordPress files and a scripted copy of your database into a single zip file called an archive and builds an installer file. The installer and archive files are referred to as a package. You can then download the package files to a different location where you can re-install your site.
Phase 2: Site Install
At install-time the following actions happen:
- Archive Extraction. All WordPress files are extracted from the archive. This includes archive metadata and the database script.
- Database Creation. The database script is executed to restore the original data in the new database.
- Database Scrubbing. Every table is processed and the old URLs are replaced with the new ones. Various methods of storage are considered (PHP serialization, JSON, Base64, etc...)
- Optional Overhead. Duplicator Pro has additional logic that runs such as multisite manipulation.
- Config File Scrubbing. The wp-config.php is scrubbed for updates to WP defined variables
- .htaccess set. The .htaccess file is reset for the new location
In 99% of most cases it will work with your theme and your plugins. However there can be issues at install type where data was not able to port correctly. This is where you will need to read the final report on step 3 of the installer and validate the options that the plugin could not update. If you run into any errors or warnings please read the section directly below.
On 64 bit versions of PHP there is effectively no limit on .zip file size, however the maximum file size supported on 32-bit PHP is 2.1GB. Note that most hosts support 64 bit PHP.
CPU and memory constraints imposed by your host may also limit zip file size by cutting off the build early. Because of this, we developed the DupArchive format to get around these host limitations. When using the DupArchive engine, Duplicator Lite is capable of bundling sites up to 500MB in size, while Duplicator Pro has no size limit outside of the limit imposed by your PHP architecture.
Duplicator Pro includes the following Multisite duplication modes.
1. Full Network Duplication Since 2.0 | Requires "Duplicator Pro Personal" or above
This allows users to copy/move your entire Multisite installation, rather than backing up or moving individual subsites within the network. For example, if you had a 10 subsite Multisite setup, all 10 sites could be moved and restored as a new Multisite installation in one shot to a new location.
2. Subsite ❯ Standalone Since 3.0 | Requires "Duplicator Pro Business or Gold"
This allows users to install an individual subsite within a Multisite network as a standalone site. For example, if you had a 10 subsite WordPress site, you can select just one of those sites to restore to be a new standalone site. This process could optionally be repeated 9 more times on different sites to create a total of 10 individual websites from the single Multisite install.
3. Standalone ❯ Subsite Coming Soon - Since 4.0.3 | Requires "Duplicator Pro Business or Gold"
This allows users to take a full standalone WordPress site and integrate it into a Multisite network. For example you may have dozens of WordPress sites that you manage and you want to pull them all together into one Multisite network for easier management.
The server requirements for Duplicator are:
- PHP 5.3 or better
- PHP ZipArchive or shell_exec with zip support
- MySQL 5.0 or better
- Any of these web servers: Apache, LiteSpeed, Nginx, Lighttpd, IIS, WebServerX
GeneralHow do I create a snapcreek.com account?
1. Emailed Receipt
- After you purchase a product you will receive an email
- In the email under "Tax Receipts and Invoices" click the link "tax receipt or invoice"
- Fill out the "Invoice" page and click the "Save Billing Details & Generate Invoice" button
- Login to the Snapcreek Dashboard
- Click "Generate Invoice" link
- Fill out and click the "Save Billing Details & Generate Invoice" button
Save As PDF
To save the page as a PDF follow these instructions for Chrome:
The quickest way to get a refund is to contact us directly. We can issue the refund directly through the merchant services gateway and provide your refund much faster if you contact snapcreek.com directly vs trying to contact the merchant provider. Please Open a Ticket Request for a much quicker refund process.
- If you run into technical issues please allow us to adequately try and assist you. If we are unable to resolve the issue, we will promptly provide a refund. Please open a support ticket before requesting a refund for a technical issue.
- Refunds may only be issued within 60 days of the purchase date. After 60 days refunds cannot easily be processed. Please be sure to test and use the plugin upon purchase.
Yes! We offer professional customer support and we understand the lifetime value of a customer. We will do our very best to resolve any issues you encounter via our ticket system. The ticket support system is monitored during US daytime hours Monday thru Friday and we typically get back to people within 24 hours. Please Note: We currently we do not offer phone support.
For Duplicator Lite we offer limited ticket support which is always prioritized behind Pro users. Response times can vary from 1-5 business days for Lite. If you need immediate support for Duplicator Lite we recommend checking out our Duplicator Lite support section.
Licensing Pro OnlyHow do site licenses work?
When you purchase a product it comes with one license key that can be activated on 3/15/unlimited WordPress websites at a time, depending on the product (Personal 3 | Freelancer 15 | Business/Gold unlimited).
If you bought the Personal product with 3 licenses then you can use the plugin on 3 WordPress websites at a time. If you uninstall the plugin from one site you can easily install it on another and still retain your license count.
You purchase the Freelancer plan and have 15 sites with the plugin installed - if you want to install a 16th site you can uninstall on one of your existing sites and move the license to another or upgrade to a higher level plan before installing on the new site.
- In Plugin: You can easily deactivate a license by going to WordPress Admin ❯ Duplicator Pro ❯ Settings ❯ Licensing tab ❯ "Deactivate" button.
- Delete Plugin: When a user deactivates and deletes the plugin then the license will also be deactivated from the snapcreek server.
- Dashboard: In the event you purge a site before deactivating the license or deleting the plugin you can login to the snapcreek.com dashboard and deactivate the license that way as well.
Unlimited OverviewUsers that purchase either Business or Gold versions of Duplicator Pro have access to unlimited licenses. In order to make sure licenses are not abused or getting out "into the wild", we increment them in batches of 500. If you happen to reach your limit please reach out to us via a help ticket and we will increase your lot size.
» Terms and Conditions
When you purchase a product (Personal, Freelancer, Business, Gold) you will receive an email with your license key. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't receive an email within a few minutes of purchase.
You can also get your license key(s) by logging into your snapcreek.com dashboard. The user-name will be the e-mail you used to purchase the product. If your unable to retrieve your password at login please submit a help ticket
Activation is very simple.
- Download, install and activate the plugin from your purchase email link or from your snapcreek.com dashboard.
- Goto: Duplicator Pro ❯ Settings ❯ Licensing ❯ Enter your key and click activate.
Once you have purchased the plugin you can renew at anytime and will always be eligible for the 40% off discount. To take advantage of the renewal discount follow these steps:
- Log-in to the SnapCreek dashboard https://snapcreek.com/dashboard
- Click the "Views Licenses" then click "Extend License"
- This will take you to your shopping cart with the discount applied.
To upgrade, follow these steps:
- Login to your snapcreek.com dashboard
- Goto: Purchases tab ❯ 'View Licenses' ❯ 'View Upgrades'
- Choose the upgrade level and checkout.
Note: When upgrading to a different version the billing will automatically get handled for you.
- In your WordPress Admin: Go to Duplicator Pro ❯ Settings ❯ Licensing. This will retrieve the license level from our server so you should see information that describes the level which you just upgraded to.
1. Uninstall the plugin
2. Manually deactivate the license via the Settings/Licensing screen on the server the plugin is installed on
3. Remove the website via your dashboard on snapcreek.com. A link and login to the dashboard are sent upon purchase
FunctionalityWill Duplicator Pro resolve "Build Interrupt" errors found in the Lite version?
However if your using a higher end server or VPS where you have more flexibility and control of the servers settings then we have seen large packages over 8GB build without issues.
Remember we do have a full 30 day money-back guarantee should the product not meet your needs.
Posts / Pages
- Theme Editor Enable/Disable
- Autosave Interval
- Post Revisions
- SSL Enforce on Admin
- Generate New Unique SALTS and Authentication Keys
- Core Auto-Update Control
- Cache Control
- WP Debug Enable/Disable
- WP Debug Log Enable/Disable
- WP Debug Display Enable/Disable
- Script Debug Enable/Disable
- Save Database Queries Enable/Disable
- Cookie Domain
- Memory Limit
- Max Memory Limit