|About||General questions about the plugin|
|Sales||Licensing, purchases and pre-sales questions.|
|Functionality||Can the plugin do this or that.|
AboutWhat exactly is Duplicator?
Duplicator is a WordPress plugin that moves a site between hosts or domains - this includes all plugins, themes, custom content and even the WordPress core files so you get an exact copy of your site. The product also provides backup capability.
The process for moving a site is easy:
- Bundle up your site into an 'install package' (a .zip and a .php file)
- Copy the two files to a new server
- Point your browser to the .php file and follow the simple directions to install the site
With Duplicator Pro you can enhance your experience with a much more powerful tool-set. Checkout the full comparison page for more details.
The plugin will backup all of your selected files and database tables (that you don't filter/exclude). The Duplicator puts all your selected WordPress files and a scripted copy of your database into a single zip file called an archive and builds an installer file. The installer and archive files are referred to as a package. You can then download the package files to a different location where you can re-install your site.
Phase 2: Site Install
At install time the following actions happen:
- Archive: Your archive file including all WordPress files are extracted along with the database script.
- Database: Your database is then re-created based on the new configuration setup
- Database: Every table in your database is scrubbed for a new URL update and server file path
- Database: Every cell is validated for PHP serialized and Base64 set strings
- Files: The wp-config.php is scrubbed for updates to WP defined variables
- Files: The .htaccess file is reset for the new location
In 99% of most cases it will work with your theme and your plugins. However there can be issues at install type where data was not able to port correctly. This is where you will need to read the final report on step 3 of the installer and validate the options that the plugin could not update. If you run into any errors or warnings please read the section directly below.
There are physical file size limitation for zip files on some operating systems which are 2GB. The plugin itself does not have any limitation, however if your on a shared/budget host then you will be limited to how long a PHP or your Web Server process is allowed to run. This will totally depend on your servers configuration. The limits listed on the Scanner is more of a guide to warn people if they are at risk of creating a package that might not complete.
Duplicator Pro is capable of handling larger sites because it is designed as a multi-threaded post-back architecture. This allows the Pro version to attempt to keep building the package should a host have timeouts. While Duplicator Pro can handle larger sites it can also be limited to the constraints of your server.
Duplicator Pro includes the following Multisite duplication modes:
1. Full Network Duplication
This allows you to copy/move your entire multisite installation, rather than backing up or moving individual subsites within the network.
For example, If you had a 10 subsite WordPress site, all 10 sites could be moved and restored as a new multisite installation in one shot.
2. Subsite to Standalone
This allows you to install an individual subsite within a Multisite network as a standalone site.
For example, if you had a 10 subsite WordPress site, you can select just one of those sites to restore to be a new standalone site. This process could optionally be repeated 9 more times on different sites to create a total of 10 individual websites from the single multisite install.
Note: Upon install you'll observe that the Duplicator Pro menu appears at the Network level rather than the Admin level as is the case when installing on a standalone site.
The server requirements for Duplicator are:
- PHP 5.3 or better
- PHP ZipArchive or shell_exec with zip support
- MySQL 5.0 or better
- Any of these web servers: Apache, LiteSpeed, Nginx, Lighttpd, IIS, WebServerX
GeneralHow do I get my invoice/receipt of purchase?
1. Emailed Receipt
- After you purchase the product you will receive an email
- In the email look for a section "Tax Receipts and Invoices" with a link "tax receipt or invoice"
- The link will take you to an "Invoice" page that you fill out
- Once filled out click the "Generate Invoice" button to display your invoice
- Login to the snapcreek dashboard https://snapcreek.com/dashboard
- Click the "Generate Invoice" link
- Once filled out click the "Generate Invoice" button to display your invoice
Save As PDF
To save the page as a PDF follow these instructions for Chrome:
- Right click on the Invoice page and choose "Print..."
- Click the "Change..." button and choose "Save as PDF"
- Click the "Save" button to save as PDF
Most other browser have similar work-flows. If your not 100% sure on how to generate the PDF for your browser simply Google the answer and there will be dozens of articles for your specific brand and version.
The quickest way to get a refund is to contact us directly. We can issue the refund directly through the merchant services gateway and provide your refund much faster if you contact snapcreek.com directly vs trying to contact the merchant provider. Please Open a Ticket Request for a much quicker refund process.
- If you run into technical issues please allow us to adequately try and assist you. If we are unable to resolve the issue, we will promptly provide a refund. Please open a support ticket before requesting a refund for a technical issue.
- Refunds may only be issued within 30 days of the purchase date. After 30 days refunds cannot easily be processed. Please be sure to test and use the plugin upon purchase.
Yes! We offer professional customer support and we understand the lifetime value of a customer. We will do our very best to resolve any issues you encounter via our ticket system. The ticket support system is monitored during US daytime hours Monday thru Friday and we typically get back to people within 24 hours. Please Note: We currently we do not offer phone support.
For Duplicator Lite we offer limited ticket support which is always prioritized behind Pro users. Response times can vary from 1-5 business days for Lite. If you need immediate support for Duplicator Lite we recommend checking out our Duplicator Lite support section.
Licensing Pro OnlyHow do site licenses work?
When you purchase a product it comes with one license key that can be activated on 3/15/unlimited WordPress websites at a time, depending on the product (Personal 3 | Freelancer 15 | Business unlimited).
If you bought the Personal product with 3 licenses then you can use the plugin on 3 WordPress websites at a time. If you uninstall the plugin from one site you can easily install it on another and still retain your license count.
You purchase the Freelancer plan and have 15 sites with the plugin installed - if you want to install a 16th site you can uninstall on one of your existing sites and move the license to another or upgrade to a higher level plan before installing on the new site.
In the event you purge a site before being able to uninstall the plugin you can login to the snapcreek.com dashboard (you receive credentials on purchase) and deactivate the license that way as well.
» Terms and Conditions
When you purchase a product (Personal, Freelancer, Business) you will receive an email with your license key. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't receive an email within a few minutes of purchase.
You can also get your license key(s) by logging into your snapcreek.com dashboard. The user-name will be the e-mail you used to purchase the product. If your unable to retrieve your password at login please contact support.
ACTIVATING YOUR KEY
Activation is very simple.
- Download, install and activate the plugin from your purchase email link or from your snapcreek.com dashboard.
- Goto: Duplicator Pro ❯ Settings ❯ Licensing ❯ Enter your key and click activate.
If you forget to renew the plugin it will continue to work, however you will be missing out on important updates that will keep the plugin in-sync with the current WordPress version. You will also loose access for any support should you run into any issue.
To upgrade, just follow these steps:
- Login to your snapcreek.com dashboard
- Goto: Purchases tab ❯ 'View Licenses' link
- Upgrades ❯ 'View Upgrades' link
- Actions ❯ 'Upgrade License' link
This will take you to a checkout screen were you can finalize the transaction.
Note: When upgrading to a different version the billing will automatically get handled for you.
- In your WordPress Admin: Go to Duplicator Pro ❯ Settings ❯ Licensing. This will retrieve the license level from our server so you should see information that describes the level which you just upgraded to.
1. Uninstall the plugin
2. Manually deactivate the license via the Settings/Licensing screen on the server the plugin is installed on
3. Remove the website via your dashboard on snapcreek.com. A link and login to the dashboard are sent upon purchase
FunctionalityWill Duplicator Pro resolve "Build Interrupt" errors found in the Lite version?
However if your using a higher end server or VPS where you have more flexibility and control of the servers settings then we have seen large packages over 8GB build without issues.
Remember we do have a full 30 day money-back guarantee should the product not meet your needs.
|Entire MU||Copy Enite MU Site
|MU-Subsite to Standalone||Copy a subsite to a standalone instance
|Standalone to MU-Subsite||Import a standalone WP site as a subsite
|MU-Subsite Import/Export||Import/Export archive to same or different MU sites
|MU-Operations||Duplicate Subsites within same MU-Site
* Dates are tentative & priorities can change due to customer demand. Check the roadmap for additional timelines.