Position: Product Developer
We’re looking for a developer who can help us with Duplicator (Pro), Coming Soon Page and other future WordPress plugins.
- Values writing maintainable, testable code
- Adheres to good coding practices, understanding of basic design patterns
- Experience with Git
- Takes pride in work
- Open attitude toward learning new things
- Good communication skills
- Open to constructive criticism
- Self-directed while at the same time isn’t afraid to ask for directions when you feel off-track
- Experience in WordPress plugin or theme development (this is a borderline must-have, but if you are a solid PHP dev you can pick this up fairly quickly)
- Experience in other languages and technologies
- Experience with open-source and/or non-trivial hobby projects
- UI Skills
- Computer Science or similar technical degree
- Adding new features
- Fixing bugs
- Code reviews
- Participate in release testing
- Discuss various product ideas with Cory and Bob
Why the heck would you want to work for Snap Creek?
Snap Creek is a presently a small, 2 person company. There are lots of cool reasons why you may want to come on board:
- Because we’re so small and flexible you can get a lot of job experience and can influence the direction of the company. Contrast this with working for a large employer where you’re often locked into single tech for years on end where you have no idea how requirements were arrived at or why you should care.
- Flexible hours
- Friendly, open atmosphere
- No naggy boss. Although Bob and Cory have a vision for where things are going, they are both reasonable people. We aren’t micro-managers and have respect for individual expression of ideas.
- We’re developers too and know the drag of the classic corporate atmosphere.
- Since you work at home – NO COMMUTING MESS. No more sitting in traffic, breathing in vehicle exhaust, and getting home an hour late because an accident has traffic backed up for a mile.
- Our company culture isn’t the standard Silicon Valley work-you-to-death craziness. You are expected to work hard and do a great job but work standard hours. It’s understood and valued that you have your own life outside of work.
Does it sound like this would be a good match? If it does, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume or a link to your resume along with a blurb about why you think you would be a good fit for the job.
Co-Founder, Snap Creek Software